Florida Studio Theatre is currently seeking the following Full Time positions:
- Public Relations Associate
As well as the following Part Time/hourly positions:
Scroll down for job descriptions, qualifications, and how to apply.
Benefits for Full Time Staff: Health Insurance (including optional vision and dental) after two months, 401k with Employer match after one year, Comp Tickets, restaurant discount, paid vacation/PTO, paid Holidays, paid sick leave, paid parental leave, and more.
Florida Studio Theatre is working towards becoming a more inclusive and accessible organization. FST is thus committed to developing a work environment that is reflective of the diverse world that it serves. Applicants from all populations and underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Consideration for employment will be given to all applicants without regard to race/ethnicity, gender identity/sexual orientation, age or ability.
PUBLIC RELATIONS ASSOCIATE
The Public Relations Associate serves as the publicist for Florida Studio Theatre and will take the lead role in promoting organizational visibility and institutional messaging. This position involves cultivating and maintaining relationships with press and media outlets on behalf of the company, managing day-to-day operations, and engaging with these contacts. Strong communication skills (including writing, presenting, and pitching) are necessary, as well as the ability to place stories within consumer, industry, and blog press. They will also serve as the lead editor and proofreader of Florida Studio Theatre publications. Throughout all functions, the publicist is expected to contribute a high degree of creativity and initiative while upholding the Florida Studio Theatre brand and standards across all channels.
The Public Relations Associate reports to the Director of Marketing
- Assemble and implement the PR calendar.
- Manage and maintain relationships with local, regional, and national media outlets.
- Maintain press lists for the theatre.
- Write and disseminate all press releases and media alerts.
- Coordinate and oversee all media interviews; and serve as the liaison between artists and the press.
- Be responsible for all media archiving, both hard copies and electronic.
- Maintain/build relations with outside organizations by attending local networking events.
- Develop PR packet for each season, including show blurbs, box office language, and press quotes.
- Manage marketing call campaigns, including scheduling call campaign support, pulling lists, tracking responses, and managing campaign pace.
- Oversee and contribute to the digital content of our blog.
- Oversee in-house publications, including quarterly and weekly newsletters.
- Execute all patron relations calls and emails, including post-show survey emails, parking calls and emails, dining email surveys.
- Write and record curtain speeches for our productions.
- Support overall marketing department in achieving its goals.
- Prior work experience in a communications or media relations department preferred. Strong internship experience considered.
- Knowledge of media or public relations practices preferred.
- Strong writing, speaking, presentation, organizational and interpersonal skills; detail-oriented a must.
- Must be able to work independently, after direct supervision.
- Enthusiasm for collaborative team workplace.
- Self-starter with ability to independently initiate and follow through with opportunities.
- Familiarity with, and interest in, theatre and/or arts and culture strongly preferred.
Salary: $45,000-$50,000/year based on experience
Benefits include: Health Insurance (option to add vision and dental), 401k (after one year of employment, with 25% employer match), paid vacation, paid parental leave, social security, Medicare, Medicaid, unemployment insurance, comp tickets to every show and restaurant discount.
FST currently operates five stages, the 173 seat Keating Theatre, the 237 seat Gompertz Theatre, the 109 seat Goldstein Cabaret Theatre, the 110 seat John C. Court Cabaret Theatre and the 100 seat Bowne's Lab Theatre. In addition, FST owns and manages 18 residential properties in downtown Sarasota for guest artists.
Job Type: Full-time
Hiring experienced servers for our dining service. Florida Studio Theatre is a live professional theatre with several restaurants and we serve food before the shows. Looking for fun and energetic people to join our team serving food and drinks before our shows. Servers must be reliable, able to work in a fast paced environment and be available on evenings and weekends.
Salary range: $8/hr + tips
Hiring part-time dishwashers. We can work around your schedule. Great job for after school or as second job. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and be available on evenings and weekends.
Also in This Section
Explore on-stage opportunities for for FST's diverse programming including: Mainstage, Cabaret, Stage III, Children's Theatre, Reading Series, Understudy Roles, and more.
Professional Training Program
Launch YOUR Career With Florida Studio Theatre! Florida Studio Theatre’s Professional Training Program is an immersive and comprehensive way to bridge the gap between academic theatre and the professional world.
Submit a Play
Florida Studio Theatre is currently looking for submissions of full-length plays, musicals, and musical revues to be considered for possible inclusion in future Mainstage, Cabaret, and Stage III Series.