Florida Studio Theatre is currently hiring for the following Full Time position:
- Company Manager
Florida Studio Theatre is currently hiring for the following Part Time/hourly positions:
- Seasonal Box Office and Front of House Assistants
Scroll down for job descriptions, qualifications, and how to apply.
Benefits for Full Time Staff: Health Insurance (including optional vision and dental) after two months, 401k with Employer match after one year, Comp Tickets, restaurant discount, paid vacation/PTO, paid Holidays, paid sick leave, paid parental leave, and more.
Florida Studio Theatre is working towards becoming a more inclusive and accessible organization. FST is thus committed to developing a work environment that is reflective of the diverse world that it serves. Applicants from all populations and underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Consideration for employment will be given to all applicants without regard to race/ethnicity, gender identity/sexual orientation, age or ability.
Florida Studio Theatre, a professional theatre in Downtown Sarasota, is seeking a Cleaner/Custodian.
This position reports to the Facilities Manager and is a part-time position with an hourly salary.
- Cleaning of restrooms, lobbies, hallways, and entry areas
- Cleaning of office space, emptying trash receptacles, light dusting, vacuuming and mopping
- Replacing and restocking of restroom supplies
- Empty trash receptacles on the exterior of property
Candidate must be able to lift approximately 25 pounds. This job consists of extended hours moving/standing and for someone to perform tasks that require bending and reaching.
Salary range: $17/hr.
To apply, please send experience and salary requirement to email@example.com
Approximate Start Date: April 2024
Florida Studio Theatre, a dynamic professional LORT D regional theatre, is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Company Manager. FST is Sarasota’s contemporary theatre, comprised of a village of five theatres located in the heart of Downtown, Sarasota.
The Right candidate will have a high degree of responsibility, be focused, achievement oriented, able to communicate clearly, detailed and organized. Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. The Company Manager reports directly to the Production Manager and works hand-in-hand with the Facilities and Production teams to oversee 20+ residences.
This position often involves night and weekend work. Being on call (using company cell phone) is required 5 days a week. Days off are Friday and Saturday.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Handling housing, transportation, and hospitality for all guest artists from the point of post-hiring through departure.
- Arranging & booking travel. This includes - providing itineraries, preparing housing, coordinating an outside cleaning company and facilitating airport pickups.
- Serving as FST’s Ambassador to all guests consisting of - casts, design teams, the intern company and others.
- Maintaining company vehicles.
- Managing inventory of housing/hospitality items.
- Executing biweekly walk-thrus of all housing.
- Supervising the Company Management Intern
- Serving as the contact point between renters/guest artists and the Facilities Team
- Overseeing budgets and Purchase Orders
Candidate must have:
- A valid driver’s license .
- The ability to work independently and exercise decision making skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Salary range: $38,000-$45,000/yr
Benefits include: Health Insurance (option to add vision and dental), 401k (after one year of employment, with 25% employer match), accrued paid vacation, paid parental leave, social security, Medicare, Medicaid, unemployment insurance, comp tickets to every show and restaurant discount.
To apply, please fill out the form located here: https://www.cognitoforms.com/FloridaStudioTheatre1/FloridaStudioTheatreHiring
Florida Studio Theatre is working towards becoming a more inclusive and accessible theatre. FST is thus committed to developing a work environment that is reflective of the diverse world that it serves. Applicants from all populations and underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Consideration for employment will be given to all applicants without regard to race/ethnicity, gender identity/sexual orientation, age or ability.
FST operates five stages, the 173 seat Keating Theatre, the 237 seat Gompertz Theatre, the 109 seat Goldstein Cabaret Theatre, the 110 seat John C. Court Cabaret Theatre and the 100 seat Bowne's Lab Theatre.
For more information, log onto our website at www.floridastudiotheatre.org
SEASONAL BOX OFFICE AND FRONT OF HOUSE ASSISTANTS
Seasonal Box Office and Front of Assistants
Ideal Start Date: January 2024
Florida Studio Theatre, a professional LORT D regional Theatre with five active theatre spaces, located in downtown Sarasota, FL is seeking Seasonal Part Time Box Office Assistants to provide excellent customer service to theatre patrons during our re subscription season. This is a fast-paced, high-volume Box Office that services all five of our theatre spaces. We perform shows in all five theatres at least, six days a week. Candidates must have good communication skills with a positive, friendly, and outgoing personality. Must be willing and able to spend a majority of the time on the phones. Must be prompt, reliable, and detail oriented. Must have open and flexible availability and be willing to work a flexible schedule. Must be available to work days, evenings, and weekends. The amount of hours available will change depending on the week.
- Sell new subscriptions and single tickets for all FST performances, events, and some rentals as well as renew existing subscriptions - over the phone, in person, and via mail.
- Provide helpful information for performances, pricing options, parking, directions, and seating information.
- Assist with patron relations and resolve complex patron inquiries and complaints.
- Maintain familiarity with subscription and single ticket marketing initiatives, donor benefits, and Florida Studio Theatre events and website.
- Guide patrons though their online interactions when needed.- Keep up a professional appearance in dress and attitude, and have a general appreciation for and understanding of live theatre.
- Assist with the maintenance of patron records; including but not limited to filing, and updating patron records.
- Assist with House Management of our 5 theatre spaces on an as need basis. This includes but is not limited to oversight of the events ushers and patron load in, completing and sending nightly reports, reconciling tickets for the performances and basic cleaning and maintenance of the space.
-Work Concessions for Theatre spaces
Florida Studio Theatre is committed to developing a work environment that is reflective of the diverse community that it serves. Applicants from all populations and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. Consideration for employment will be given to all applicants without regard to race/ethnicity, gender identity/sexual orientation, age or ability.
Florida’s leading theatres, operates five stages: the 237 seat Gompertz Theatre, the 173 seat Keating Theatre, the 110 seat Court Theatre, the 109 seat Goldstein Theatre and the 100 seat Bowne Lab Theatre.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $15.00 per hour
Hiring experienced servers for our dining service. Florida Studio Theatre is a live professional theatre with several restaurants and we serve food before the shows. Looking for fun and energetic people to join our team serving food and drinks before our shows. Servers must be reliable, able to work in a fast paced environment and be available on evenings and weekends.
Salary range: $8/hr + tips
Hiring part-time dishwashers. We can work around your schedule. Great job for after school or as second job. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and be available on evenings and weekends.
Also in This Section
Explore on-stage opportunities for for FST's diverse programming including: Mainstage, Cabaret, Stage III, Children's Theatre, Reading Series, Understudy Roles, and more.
Professional Training Program
Launch YOUR Career With Florida Studio Theatre! Florida Studio Theatre’s Professional Training Program is an immersive and comprehensive way to bridge the gap between academic theatre and the professional world.
Submit a Play
Florida Studio Theatre is currently looking for submissions of full-length plays, musicals, and musical revues to be considered for possible inclusion in future Mainstage, Cabaret, and Stage III Series.