FST has established itself as a major force in American Theatre serving more than 200,000 live attendees each year across its diverse programs.
© Greg Wilson 2013
Florida Studio Theatre’s mission is inspired from the wellspring of the creators of Theatre, the ancient Greeks.
They saw Theatre as a communal forum where we come together as a society to explore what it means to be alive, to be human. The Greeks believe that the purpose of theatre is to explore:
- An Individual’s relationship to God (Nature)
- An Individual’s relationship to Society
- An Individual’s relationship to Self
It is through the theatre that we investigate and celebrate the extraordinary and subtle interplay of these relationships described by the ancient Greeks. And in doing so, we come to learn a little more about the human condition.
Florida Studio Theatre holds the following Mission:
- To make theatre affordable and accessible to as many people as possible.
- To present theatre that challenges with as much gusto as it entertains.
- To create a public forum for the issues of our day that will foster positive change in our community and beyond.
- To operate within and for the public trust.
Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Accessibility
The health and wellbeing of FST depends upon the existence of a culture of respect and connection between our artists, staff, and audience. Every artist and every audience member brings their own unique self to the theatrical experience - their history, their story, their personal truths.
Also in this section
It takes a village to make Florida Studio Theatre the regional arts leader it is today. Learn more about our Staff and Board of Trustees.
History of FST
Learn how FST has grown to become the regional theatre leader it is today while remaining true to the theatre's founding principles.