Florida Studio Theatre is currently seeking the following Full Time or Contract positions: Director of Education for Youth, Education Coordinator, Development Assistant, Marketing Assistant, Facilities Technician, and Lighting Supervisor/Resident Lighting Designer as well as the following Part Time positions: Restaurant Wait Staff, Box Office Associates, Teaching Artists. Scroll down for job descriptions, qualifications, and how to apply.
Florida Studio Theatre is working towards becoming a more anti-racist and inclusive theatre. FST is thus committed to developing a work environment that is reflective of the diverse world that it serves. Applicants from all populations and underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Consideration for employment will be given to all applicants without regard to race/ethnicity, gender identity/sexual orientation, age or ability.
DIRECTOR OF EDUCATION FOR YOUTH
Florida Studio Theatre, a LORT D regional theatre in Sarasota, FL seeks a Director of Education for Youth to oversee the Florida Studio Theatre School for youth.
FST seeks a professional with both a background in teaching and acting; preferably an artist with training rooted in Stanislavski or a similar organic methodology. Additionally, this job requires a high level of entrepreneurial skill to provide leadership for the program from start to finish.
With classes in Acting, Dancing, Singing, Playwriting, and Improvisation, as well as Spring Break and Summer Theatre Camps, the FST School offers a wide range of opportunities for students year-round. FST’s classes for youth and teens are dedicated to nurturing individual creativity. We see young people not just as individuals, but as creative individuals.
- Responsibility for the artistic quality of FST School for Youth’s educational programming
- Handling outreach with local schools and students to grow and diversify attendance in classes
- Heading all marketing for programs
- Hiring, training and supervising resident teaching artists, select guest artists and interns
- Serving as a teaching artist
- Budgeting and program development
- Overseeing enrollment of all classes
- Working in concert with the Producing Artistic Director to set and meet goals to grow the department
The job requires a minimum three years in performing arts education (or equivalent professional experience), including extensive work as a teaching artist or teacher. This position also requires applicants have a strong background in acting and/or directing. We are seeking a detailed, ambitious and highly organized individual with a proven track record of strong management abilities and leadership experience.
Florida Studio Theatre, a LORT D 5-theatre complex in Sarasota, FL is seeking an Education Coordinator to provide administrative support for our Education programming. This position will work closely with the Director of Youth Education.
The ideal candidate is energized, passionate about theatre education, and possesses excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
The Florida Studio Theatre School serves over 1000 students a year in more than 25 classes per week in acting, dance, musical theatre, Improv, play writing and more. In addition, the Education program offers a robust full day Summer Theatre program from June – August.
With the assistance of an intern, duties include:
- Overseeing and executing registrations for students and teachers
- Managing teaching calendars
- Organizing large mail and email campaigns in collaboration with marketing
- Collaborating with Director of Youth Education and Artistic Director to create growth plans
- Serving as a liaison between the public (students/parents/teachers) and FST Education Department
- Maintaining detailed reporting of both financials and impact/enrollment
- Engaging with the community to promote FST’s educational programs and scholarships
- Overseeing intern assistant
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Extremely well organized and detail oriented
- Excellent writing, organizational, and presentation skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Respect for the Core Values and Mission of FST
- Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check
- Tessitura experience a plus
Florida Studio Theatre, a professional LORT D regional Theatre in Sarasota, FL is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Development Assistant, experience preferred. This employee will provide clerical support to FST’s Individual and Institutional Fundraising department. Strong computer and clerical skills are a must.
This is a full-time position that is ideal for theatre or non-profit professionals who are somewhat early in their career and looking for excellent growth opportunities in a professional regional theatre setting.
- Primary Administrative Assistant to the Development Department
- Process donations, gift acknowledgment letters and tax receipts
- Maintain foundation, corporation, and individual donor files
- update patron records as needed
- Handle administrative details associated with Development-related meetings (prepare, take notes and distribute minutes)
- Support grant writer with grant submissions, and annual reporting
- Coordinate mailing of appeal letters. Pull lists and prepare mail merges
- Maintain spreadsheets for donor listings, naming opportunities and acknowledgments
- Coordinate with Marketing on electronic communications for Development Department, including webpage updates and email blasts as needed
- Track expenses and budgets of Department , manage petty cash and purchase orders
- Manage payments on pledge agreements (balances and due dates)
- Assist Development team in the planning and execution of events, receptions, and donor appreciation activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Effective written communication skills
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Apps (Sheets, Docs, Drive)
- Familiarity with Database Software, such as Tessitura, a plus
The Marketing Assistant supports the administrative functions/operations of the marketing department including, but not limited to: graphic design, in-house photography, managing processing of all bulk mail, oversees promotional distribution, keeps on-campus promotional materials and signage up-to-date. Reports to Director of Marketing.
- Graphic Design
- Brand creation: Responsible for the development of show logos
- Develops promotional materials including playbills, headshot displays, postcards, posters, newsletters, flyers, outdoor banners, and digital displays
- In-House photography
- Lead in-house photographer, capturing images including: live event photography for summer productions, promotional shots of facilities, on-site restaurant menu items, and special event photography
- Bulk Mail
- Execution of all bulk mail campaigns and oversees maintenance of on-site mailroom and mail equipment.
- Operation of mail machines
- Oversees bulk mail account and permit number
- Responsible for transporting mail to bulk mail center
- Supports the Development department as needed with donor-related mailings
- Submits monthly bulk mail reports
- Oversees distribution of promotional materials including city-wide postering and dissemination of promotional coasters to downtown bars; engages and manages volunteers as necessary; keeps and grows distribution lists
- Backs up the Box Office on ticket sales as needed
- Other duties as assigned
High level of technical proficiency; Strong problem solver; Strong design skills and experience in Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator; Photography experience and understanding of DSLR cameras and equipment; Highly organized; Strong attention to detail; Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Must be able to lift 10-15 lbs or more and work on your feet for 4-6 hours at a time. Valid driver’s license required.
Writing skills a plus.
Florida Studio Theatre, a LORT D regional theatre in Sarasota, FL seeks highly motivated Facilities Technician for its 5 theatre complex.
- Ability to Lift 50lbs
- Skills in plumbing, HVAC and carpentry
- Access to tools (not a necessity)
- Basic understanding of CCMS or Upkeep software
M-F work week, with availability to come in on weekends to address any Facilities related issues at residences.
Beneficial if applicant had previous facilities knowledge within the Entertainment or Hotel/Hospitality industry (will need to deal with sensitive personalities).
LIGHTING SUPERVISOR/RESIDENT LIGHTING DESIGNER
- Supervise the training and work of the Lighting Intern who functions as the master electrician
- With the assistance of the Lighting Intern maintain all lighting equipment
- With the assistance of the Lighting Intern track and maintain the lighting inventory
- With the assistance of the Lighting Intern maintain and clean, organized and safe work/storage area
- Supervise all over hire crews for load-ins and strikes
- Design lights for Mainstage, Stage III and Cabaret productions as assigned
- Oversee the design work of the Lighting Intern on the smaller projects.
- Work along any guest Lighting Designers that may be hired by the theatre.
Servers, Bartenders, Dishwashers, Food Runners and Cooks.
BOX OFFICE ASSOCIATES