Florida Studio Theatre is currently seeking the following Full Time positions:
- Director of Finance
- Scene Shop Supervisor
- Company Management Assistant
- Teaching Artist
- Associate Artist
- Donor Relations Associate
As well as the following Part Time positions:
- Box Office Associates
- Restaurant Staff
Scroll down for job descriptions, qualifications, and how to apply.
Benefits for Full Time Staff: Health Insurance (including optional vision and dental) after two months, 401k with Employer match after one year, Comp Tickets, restaurant discount, paid vacation/PTO, paid Holidays, paid sick leave, paid parental leave, and more.
Florida Studio Theatre is working towards becoming a more anti-racist and inclusive theatre. FST is thus committed to developing a work environment that is reflective of the diverse world that it serves. Applicants from all populations and underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Consideration for employment will be given to all applicants without regard to race/ethnicity, gender identity/sexual orientation, age or ability.
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
- Serve as a member of FST’s leadership team, setting organizational strategy, and providing financial oversight.
- Recognize and anticipate opportunities and challenges as they relate to financial systems and operations; generating ideas, strategies, and solutions to drive impact.
- Provide strategic recommendations to the Managing Director based on financial analysis and projections, cost identification and allocation, and revenue/expense analysis.
- Oversight of FST’s Business Office, supporting growth in their roles and cross training, across accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and purchasing functions, and ensure accuracy of financial data entry.
- Manage human resources to staff in regards to compensation and benefit packages.
- Partner with department heads to ensure the team has access to all information and reporting necessary to meet its goals
- Oversee (develop, monitor, and revise) short- and long-term budgetary planning and cash flow management to ensure alignment with FST’s strategic priorities; work closely with all Department Heads to monitor and develop the organization’s budget.
- Manage investment strategies, budgeting, audit, tax, accounting, grants administration, real estate, and risk management activities.
- Ensure organizational compliance with all regulatory tax filings and audit requirements; coordinate annual audit activities.
- Design and implement fiscal policies and procedures (internal controls) and ensure that staff maintains financial record systems in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Generate and distribute accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for the Producing Artistic Director, Managing Director, Department Head Management Staff, Board of Directors and other audiences as required.
- At least 5 years of broad financial leadership experience, including success serving as a team leader, experience planning and managing budgets for a not-for-profit organization, and overseeing annual audit processes.
- Robust understanding of financial accounting, with demonstrated success creating financial models, managing reporting, ensuring proper control and audit processes within a not-for-profit setting, including endowments.
- Collaborative approach to executive leadership, and the ability to work effectively with cross functional teams to meet goals and improve organizational performance
- Demonstrated success improving financial and operational policies, processes, and procedures.
- Demonstrated excellence in managing human resources, finance, accounting, and budgeting.
- CPA, MBA, and/or MFA degree or equivalent preferred, but not required.
SCENE SHOP SUPERVISOR
Start Date: As soon as June 2022 (flexible)
Florida Studio Theatre, a fast-paced and dynamic professional LORT D regional theatre in Sarasota, FL, is seeking a Scene Shop Supervisor for its 5-theatre operation.
The Scene Shop Supervisor will join FST’s Technical Director and Lead Carpenter to create a full-time team of three that will oversee the construction and load-in of all FST productions from mainstage to Children’s Theatre to events and everything in-between.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining a safe and organized shop at all times
- Building and Installing the majority of scenic elements for each theatrical production
- Working with TD to manage build schedules
- Managing working elements of the scene shop including, but not limited to, tool maintenance, consumables inventory, and general organizational of work and storage spaces
- Assisting with management/supervision of shop personnel
The ideal candidate has:
- Strong management skills
- A strong understanding of standard scenic construction and rigging
- A solid knowledge of standard theatre terms and operations
- The ability to work from AutoCad Drawings
- Strong oral communication and listening skills
- The ability to multi-task and maintain flexibility
- The ability to safely lift 75-100 lbs with assistance
- Experience working with intern staff of varied skill levels also preferred
COMPANY MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT
- Preparing housing, performing artist check outs, and maintaining Artist Travel Calendars
- Providing support for artist needs, such as: complimentary ticket requests, overnight guest requests, travel stipends, grocery and pharmacy visits.
- Aiding in the maintenance and upkeep of company vehicles
- Managing and maintaining inventory of housing/hospitality items
- serving as a contact point between renters/guest artists and the Facilities Department
- Ensuring Company Management inventory is fully stocked, organized, and accessible
- Carrying out administrative responsibilities, such as: mail distribution, banking statement balancing, processing purchase orders.
- Crafting and upkeep of Company Management documents
- Strong focus and a drive to achieve
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of organization
- Ability to work independently and exercise decision making under some pressure
- Some form of Customer Service or Hospitality experience
- A valid driver’s license
The Teaching Artist will report directly to the Education Manager and is supported within a team of six total – including 2 additional full-time Teaching Artists for Youth, an Education Administrator and an intern.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Planning and teaching classes in house at Florida Studio Theatre
- Crafting and instructing workshops in local schools or community organizations
- Leading Summer Camp offerings
- Carrying out administrative responsibilities (such as submission of classroom reports, time-sheets, curriculum building, etc.)
- Training other Teaching Artists in the Florida Studio Theatre method of acting and FST Policies and Procedures
Candidate must have:
- A valid driver’s license
- The ability to pass a State of Florida Fingerprinting Process to teach in schools
- Bachelor’s degree in theatre performance, Education, or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Experience teaching in community-based settings, arts organizations, and schools
- Experience teaching youth of varying ages and backgrounds, including those with disabilities and English as a second language
- Willingness to learn the required curriculum, lesson plans, and classroom management skills that directly reflect the Florida Studio Theatre method.
- Ability to create safe, inclusive, supportive, and creative environments for all students
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Start Date: August 2022 or sooner
Florida Studio Theatre, a LORT D regional theatre in Sarasota, FL, is seeking a highly motivated and seasoned Associate Artist with significant Directing experience.
The right candidate will have at least 5 preferably years of professional theatre experience or an equivalent. This person will direct 2-4 plays a year on the Mainstage, Stage III/Experimental and other programming. Focus is on contemporary plays.
Teaching experience is also highly desirable, as this person will be asked to lead classes for adults as part of the FST School for Adults.
We are seeking a true company member who is authentic, passionate about theatre, responsible, a team player, flexible and confident.
This is a full-time, open ended staff position with a yearly salary. The candidate selected must be available to relocate to Sarasota.
Work is traditionally Monday-Friday from 9-6PM but evenings and weekends are necessary when on a show schedule.
DONOR RELATIONS ASSOCIATE
Florida Studio Theatre, a professional LORT D theatre in Sarasota, FL is currently seeking a Donor Relations Associate for a rapidly expanding development department.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Being on-site during performances to greet and cultivate donors
- Researching and identification of perspective donors
- Presenting prospects to development and executive staff
- Assisting with overall donor advancement
- Participating in fundraising events
- Handling special ticketing needs for donors
- Assisting in reaching fundraising goals.
The ideal candidate has:
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- The skill to organize and manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- The ability to prioritize and take initiative
- The capability to work both independently and collaboratively
Must be flexible and available on nights and weekends. Days are off are typically Sunday and Monday.
Salary range: $40,000-$50,000/yr
Hiring hosts/hostesses, servers, bartenders, dishwashers, food runners and cooks for our dining service. Florida Studio Theatre is a live professional theatre with several restaurants and we serve food before the shows. Looking for fun and energetic people to join our team serving food and drinks before our shows. Servers must be reliable, able to work in a fast paced environment and be available on evenings and weekends.
Salary range: $8-$18/hr, depending on the position
BOX OFFICE ASSOCIATES
Florida Studio Theatre, a professional LORT D regional Theatre with five active theatre spaces, located in downtown Sarasota, FL is seeking Part Time Ticket Sales Associates to provide excellent customer service to theatre patrons during our resubscription season.
This is a fast-paced, high-volume Box Office that services all five of our theatre spaces. We perform shows in all five theatres at least, six days a week. Candidates must have good communication skills with a positive, friendly, and outgoing personality. Must be willing and able to spend a majority of the time on the phones. Must be prompt, reliable, and detail oriented.
Must have open and flexible availability and be willing to work a flexible schedule. Must be available to work days, evenings, and weekends. The amount of hours available will change depending on the week.
Salary range: $12-$15/hr