Florida Studio Theatre is currently seeking the following Full Time or Contract positions: Education Manager, Assistant Box Office Manager, Digital Marketing Associate, Major Gifts Officer and Scenic Painter as well as the following Part Time positions: Backstage Crew, Restaurant Wait Staff, Box Office Associates, Teaching Artists. Scroll down for job descriptions, qualifications, and how to apply.
Florida Studio Theatre is working towards becoming a more anti-racist and inclusive theatre. FST is thus committed to developing a work environment that is reflective of the diverse world that it serves. Applicants from all populations and underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Consideration for employment will be given to all applicants without regard to race/ethnicity, gender identity/sexual orientation, age or ability.
Florida Studio Theatre, a LORT D 5-theatre complex in Sarasota, FL is seeking an Education Manager to provide administrative support for of both our WRITE A PLAY program and Education programming. This position will work closely with the Director of Education and Director of Children’s Theatre to support the array of educational programs at Florida Studio Theatre.
This position holds various managerial and administrative responsibilities and also handles the booking for FST’s touring educational performances, community engagement workshops, and on-site field trip performances. The ideal candidate is energized, passionate about theatre education, gives 100% and possesses excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
The Florida Studio Theatre School serves over 1000 students a year in more than 25 classes per week in acting, dance, musical theatre, Improv, play writing and more. In addition, the Education program offers a robust full day Summer Theatre program from June – August.
Additionally FST’s WRITE A PLAY program, now in its 30th anniversary season, reaches over 30,000 children annually. This unique combination of field trips, touring productions, and writing workshops reaches students in Florida, select underserved communities through the US, and to Sarasota’s sister cities around the world. The program inspires children in grades K-12 to write their own plays and culminates with a performance of selected plays by professional actors at our Young Playwrights Festival.
- Overseeing and executing registrations for students and teachers
- Managing touring and teaching calendars
- Supervising day to day touring operations and teaching artist residencies
- Organizing large mail and email campaigns in collaboration with marketing
- Coordinating communication between Education and Children’s Theatre as well as other internal departments
- Collaborating with Director of Education and Children’s Theatre to create growth plans
- Serving as a liaison between the public (students/parents/teachers) and FST Education Department
- Maintaining detailed reporting of both financials and impact/enrollment
- Engaging with the community to promote FST’s educational programs and scholarships
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Extremely well organized and detail oriented
- Must be personable and able to engage with Educators
- Experience working with teachers/in a school system highly desired
- Excellent writing, organizational, and presentation skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Respect for the Core Values and Mission of FST and our Education department
- Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check
- Tessitura and booking experience a plus
ASSISTANT BOX OFFICE MANAGER
Florida Studio Theatre, a professional LORT D regional theatre in Sarasota, FL is seeking an Assistant Box Office Manager for its 5-theatre complex.
Duties include, but are not limited to: ticket sales; communication and enforcement of ticketing policies; daily analysis of ticket sales; constant communication with other departments; opening and closing the box office; creating and managing holds; reconciling box office receipts; hiring, training, scheduling and supervision of box office staff.
The right candidate must have excellent communication skills, a positive and outgoing personality and be able to work in a fast-paced environment. Must be prompt, reliable, and detail oriented and have excellent computer skills. Must be available to work days, evening, and/or weekends. Three to five years Box Office experience required. Minimum of two years management experience strongly preferred. Knowledge of the Tessitura system is preferred. Must be able to work well independently and to manage, train, and motivate others.
DIGITAL MARKETING ASSOCIATE
The Digital Marketing Associate is responsible for all areas of digital marketing including but not limited to social media promotions and paid advertising; oversees Google Grant account; development of digital promotional videos and television commercials; tracks digital audience analytics across all platforms; creates all sales-related organizational eblasts; and maintains front end of floridastudiotheatre.org and mobile app.
- Organizational sales-related eblasts
1. Responsible for creating, pulling lists for, deploying, and evaluating success for all sales related organizational eblasts
- Manages all social media platforms
1. Develops social media plans and content, schedules posts, manages social media paid advertising, tracks analytics, and keeps up-to-date with ever-evolving industry best practices and how other regional theatres are leveraging their own digital platforms
2. Liaises with guest artists to engage them as social media influencers
3. Directly responsible for: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Hootsuite, LinkedIn
4. Actively engaging with patrons via these platforms by responding to comments and messages, thanking them for sharing our posts, and liking their posts tagging our theatre; follows and engages with all guest artists online
- Lead Video Content Developer
1. Responsible for the creation of 2-5 promotional videos per production including Behind the Scenes content, YouTube bumper ads, TV spots, promotional show reels, and more.
2. Coordinates and films archival video shoots for all shows (Adheres to all Equity and AGVA union rules regarding filming)
3. Contributes new and innovative ways to elevate the quality, creativity, and effectiveness of video marketing for FST
4. Maintains all videography equipment for the theatre
- Maintains front end of floridastudiotheatre.org
1. Resizes all show logos for appropriate pages
2. Ensures all information is up-to-date
- Tracks Digital Audience Metrics
1. Regularly tracking and reporting out to Director of Marketing on digital analytics for floridastudiotheatre.org, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, company eblasts, and Google Grant account
- Backs up the Box Office with ticket sales as needed
- Supports mailroom as needed
MAJOR GIFTS OFFICER
Florida Studio Theatre, a professional LORT D theatre in Sarasota, FL is currently seeking an experienced and innovative Major Gifts Officer to join its Development department.
This position works with the senior leadership team to create and implement annual and long-term fundraising strategies to advance the work of the theatre. The fundraising department is currently responsible for raising 30% of the annual budget (currently $8.6 million). In addition, FST is engaged in a $20 Million capital campaign ($9 million already secured). The Major Gifts Officer will develop and maintain a portfolio of active donor prospects and create strategies for solicitation of prospects. The candidate will work independently and be self-motivated in initiating contacts with potential supporters.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Being on-site during performances to greet and cultivate donors
• Research and identification of prospective donors
• Presenting prospects to development and Executive Team
• Assisting with overall donor advancement
• Participation in fundraising events
• Handling special ticketing needs for donors
• Assisting in reaching fundraising goals
The ideal candidate has strong communication and customer service skills. In addition, the Major Gifts Officer must have the ability to organize and manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously, to prioritize and take initiative, and to work independently and collaboratively is a must. Fundraising experience a plus. Must be flexible and available to work on nights and weekends.
Florida Studio Theatre, a professional LORT D theatre in Sarasota, FL is currently seeking experienced and innovative scenic painters for future consideration.
This position works with the Technical Director to create scenic painted elements for Productions on all 5 stages. This position is on an “as needed” contract. Pay rate varies depending on scale of project(s). For smaller projects beginning around $200, larger projects up to $2000, and rates may vary.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Source out materials needed for project
• Create sample piece of specific project for director and designer approval
• Continue communication with designers throughout process
• Complete any touch-ups/fixes requested by designer and/or director
The ideal candidate has strong communication skills. In addition, the ability to organize and manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously, to prioritize and take initiative, and to work independently and collaboratively is a must. Scenic painting experience a must. Please provide portfolio when applying. Must be flexible and available to work on nights and weekends.
FST is now accepting applications for freelance over-hire positions in Back Stage Crew, reporting to the Technical Director and/or Master Electrician. Responsibilities include assisting with set striking and load-in of theatrical sets and lighting equipment. Crew members typically work evenings with a work call between 4 and 8 hours in length. Qualified applicants must be able to lift 15-25 lbs or more and work on your feet for 4-8 hours at a time.
RESTAURANT WAIT STAFF
BOX OFFICE ASSOCIATES