Florida Studio Theatre hosts several special events throughout the year to raise funds to support our programming.
Funds raised through special events help FST to:
- Produce the best in contemporary theatre in the Mainstage, Cabaret, and Bowne's Lab Theatre.
- Touch the lives of more than 55,000 children throughout the state of Florida each year, inspiring them to write plays with our model WRITE A PLAY program.
- Provide scholarships which enable financially needy children to attend FST's classes and workshops.
- Produce three exciting New Play Festivals featuring works by National, Florida and Young playwrights.
All events require a reservation. For more information please contact: Steve Turrisi, Development Associate at 941.366.9017 ext. 316 or via email at [email protected].
Let The Good Times Roll at the Fifties Shindig on February 27, 2017
Let The Good Times Roll on Monday, February 27 at FST’s Fifties Shindig. On this evening, we will be letting the good times roll in celebration of everyone who has helped shape our artistic home in Sarasota. FST’s Spelman Award will be presented this year to Carol Buchanan, who has supplied FST with endless support throughout the years. Funds raised will help offset the remaining cost of the Kretzmer Artist Residence and help us continue to provide safe, accessible housing for visiting artists, interns, and apprentices who call FST their “artistic home.” Tickets: $250/person.
Sponsorship opportunities are still available:
• “Oh, What A Night” Sponsor - $2,500 (includes 4 event tickets)
• “Great Balls of Fire” Sponsor - $1,250 (includes 2 event tickets)
• “Blue Suede Shoes” Sponsor - $500
To attend the Fifties Shindig or to sponsor the event please contact Steve Turrisi, Development Associate at (941) 366-9017 ext. 316 or by email at [email protected].
Spring Ovation Luncheon
Monday, March 27, from 11:00 – 1:00pm
Honoring our underwriters and co-producers; celebrating all that they have done and continue to do to support the art of Florida Studio Theatre. The Spring Ovation Luncheon will feature an opening reception, special performances and “Spring Inspired” lunch catered in the John C. Court Cabaret.